Hope -> Expectation -> Desperation -> Sadness
Hope : is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one’s life. Hope implies a certain amount of perseverance — i.e., believing that a positive outcome is possible even when there is some evidence to the contrary.
Expectation: In the case of uncertainty, expectation is what is considered the most likely to happen. An expectation, which is a belief that is centered on the future, may or may not be realistic. A less advantageous result gives rise to the emotion of disappointment.
Desperation : A state in which all hope is lost or absent.
Sadness : is a mood characterized by feelings of disadvantage and loss.
Aren’t these all related??? As far I think anything first starts with hope, gradually our expectations increase and when we come to know that it wouldn’t be possible then desperation starts. Finally resulting in sadness.
From my previous post you might have an idea whats my perspective of happiness. Now I will tell you some secrets about how to be happy in whatever situation your life is in. I know many would be contradicting about what I would be saying in here. Thats how I have been living my life and I am absolutely happy with it.
Well sadness or sorrow is what everyone is afraid of. No one likes being sad right. So why are people sad?? Its that people hope something to happen and ultimately when it doesn’t happen they are disappointed.
1. After retirement parents expect from children that their lovely children (for whom they have spent there 3/4th of their life) would take care of them. But when it doesn’t happen they feel “Is this what for we are alive..”. (I am definitely going to take care of my parents don’t get into wrong assumptions. Its just an example.)
2. Before or after an exam, student expects to score good grades in the exam. If he/she doesn’t get then they go to a state of sadness.
3. A boy/gal before proposing the person whom they love expect a +ve answer.. If it is not.. -> Sadness.
4. A couple expects everything good in his/her partner. Like respecting each other’s view and living together forever. But if something goes wrong and there is a breakup. Again Sadness.
5. You help others expecting that they would definitely do good in return. What if he/she does bad.
My question is why do we have to expect something???
The root for sadness is hope and expectation. If we don’t expect from others we would never be sad. I know its the ideal case of happiness. Everyone I argued with said “How can you be idealistic?? Its impossible as a human” . Its true that it is difficult to be idealistic but at least one can try right. My intention here is to just be prepared for everything. Life will not always be the way you expect. So before doing anything just be mentally prepared for what ever it may be. If we achieve whatever we expect then we would be the creators.
I am not saying that one is always bound with happiness. Unhappiness is what makes happiness more interesting and tastier. I am just trying to say there is always a positive side in everything. Life is a coin having heads(happiness) and tails(sorrow). I am just saying to make it a biased coin of happiness. Just be prepared for any result and see the positive side of it.
“Give your 100%, just don’t think about the result. Result is not always positive, just be prepared for everything”. (Thats what is the Secret of happiness. Sorry its no more a secret)